With Spring right around the corner, it’s time for you to stop hibernating in your home for the winter and time to get outside! The pandemic is finally coming to an end and events in Gwinnett are starting to pop up just in time for the season switch. Bring the whole family or just a couple of friends to these fun events and festivals! Every corner of Gwinnett County has exciting recreational events for every age! Read on and pick your favorites events in Gwinnett to get engaged with your city this year!
Sugarloaf Mills Carnival – 3/17- 3/27
Sugarloaf Mills Mall
- Who doesn’t love a carnival? Visit Duluth for a night full of funnel cakes, rides, and prizes! General admission is free, but tickets and wristbands can be purchased online here, or in person at the entry gate. Bring everyone for a fun family night or plan an adult night out and impress your friends with your game skills at one of the many tents!
Funny Folktales and Silly Stories – 3/26 @ 10:00 AM & 11:30 AM
- Bring the kiddos to this fun twist on storytime! Narrated by an experienced storyteller, these folktales and stories will be sure to leave you laughing and on the edge of your seat! Tickets are $7 and can be purchased here, and the shows last around an hour. Enjoy this morning matinée with your little ones!
Southeast Exotic Bird Fair – 3/26-27 @ 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Gwinnett County Fair Grounds
- Are you a fan of exotic birds? If so, head over to this fair where you will find hundreds of different types of birds, meet specialists and learn about aviculture. There will be tents with items to purchase such as cages, feed, treats, toys, and much more! Admission is $4 and once inside you will be face to face with an array of different beautiful birds!
Illuminated Easter Egg Hunt – 4/9 @ 7:00 PM
Rhodes Jordan Park
- Pile the little ones up in the car and head over to this fun Easter Egg Hunt! The festivities start as the sun is going down, and then the fun begins! Bring your brightest flashlight and your biggest basket to collect all the hidden illuminated eggs in the park! The hunt will be divided into age groups so that every child has an equal opportunity to find their own eggs!
PAWFest – 4/23 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Bring your pups to this dog-filled day! Your pup will have the time of their lives sniffing out treats and toys, while also meeting many other doggo friends! Admission is free and there will be food vendors, live music, dog toys and treats, and many other exciting animal-related events! Scoop up the whole family for this doggy day!
Car Show – 4/30 @ 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Head over to the popular Lawrenceville Breweries in the Depot District to experience this car show that is like none other! There will be an array of intriguing cars, food trucks, contests, and beer! What makes this event even better is that it is sponsored by a local Cancer non-profit organization, and all night they will be supporting our brave Gwinnett County Cancer survivors! Show up and show your support!
Grayson Day – 4/30 @ 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
- Come together with your fellow Grayson residents and celebrate your city during this day of fellowship and fun! Start your day with a parade that highlights local companies and businesses and keep it going by shopping around at local vendors’ tents and finding something homemade! There’s no better way to support your city and come together with your fellow locals!
Bridal Show and Pop-Up Shoppes – 5/21 @ 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Gwinnett County Fairgrounds
- Whether you are a bride-to-be, a wife, or a single woman who loves all things weddings, this is the festival for you! There will be hundreds of different wedding vendors along with live music, food trucks, blow-up activities for the kids, and wine! Walk through this festival while receiving complimentary treats and enter the giveaway to win a Four Seasons Vacation Package!
Hot Air Balloon Festival – 5/28-30 @ 12:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Gwinnett County Fairgrounds
- Soar the sky at this fascinating festival! Bring yourself and someone special, or the whole family and lift off in a colorful hot air balloon and watch the sunset over Gwinnett County! This festival will include a kids’ area, food vendors and tents, live music, a rock-climbing wall, and a zipline! You won’t want to miss the grand finale with lasers and hot air balloons! To top it off, proceeds will be supporting the Special Olympics. Make sure you bring a lawn chair or blankets to secure your spot on the lawn!
Gwinnett County Gun Show – 6/11-12 @ 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Gwinnett County Fairgrounds
- If firearms interest you, head over to this amazing gun show! With over 20 years of experience, Gwinnett gets the honor of hosting this large show! There will be firearms, knives, ammo, clothing, and other equipment for purchase, and endless hour of browsing! Bring the guys for a men’s night out to buy, sell, trade your guns and show off your new ones! All gun laws and ordinances must be followed, and there will be officers on-site to ensure the safety of everyone.
We hope this list gives you some insight on how to spend your Spring in Gwinnett County! From bridal shows to bird fairs, events in Gwinnett will put a smile on everyone’s face!
If you are looking to purchase a rental property in the Gwinnett area and need some professional management assistance, contact us today and we will be glad to guide you through the process!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.