With Spring right around the corner in Gwinnett, it is crucial to keep your rental property up to date with the seasons. Your home is recovering from the winter, and it is up to you to make sure everything is in working order, and nothing was damaged from the cold weather. By taking a couple of minutes a day, you can easily prepare your home for the upcoming Spring season! Whether you are a home renter or homeowner, it is detrimental to perform regular check-ups and maintenance to ensure your home is functioning at its best, and season change is the best time to do so! With this Spring maintenance checklist, your home will be ready for warm weather in no time!
Let’s start inside. Spring is the perfect time to get all your deep cleaning done! Studies show that productivity and effort are heightened after a deep clean! Don’t feel pressured to complete all these tasks in one day; spread them out over time so you do not get overwhelmed! Remember, nothing feels better than seeing progress!
- Dust all surfaces
- Check Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Deep clean all counters, tables, sinks, and handles with a disinfectant spray (we recommend these!)
- Check the basement for leaks and mold
- Make sure all batteries are working; remotes, devices, alarms, and thermostats
- Check attic for leaks/ holes/ animals
- Clean all inside windows
- Check inside windows and doors for drafts
- Service HVAC unit/ change filter
Time to move outside! Winter weather can do some serious damage to houses if the climate is severe enough. Luckily, Georgia’s weather does not get too bad to cause serious damage! With that being said, although our Spring maintenance list isn’t as harsh as other states, it is still important to check up on the exterior of your home to make sure there is nothing out of order.
- Clean your gutters; get all the left-over leaves and debris out before the heavy rain season starts and clogs your downspouts
- Check your garden and plant any new bulbs to be ready for warmer weather
- Service your A/C unit
- Check windows and siding for wood rot
- Inspect the roof for hail/ wind damage
- Check spigots and hoses for leaks
- (if necessary) check in-ground sprinklers and sprinkler systems to check for leaks
- Get any trees removed that got damaged from the Winter weather
Around the House
With all the serious maintenance out of the way, it is time to start on the lesser important aspects of a Spring-ready home! Most of the to-dos on this checklist are easy tasks and deal with the looks and organization of your home.
- Swap out your warm Winter blankets for lighter Spring quilts
- Bring out your patio furniture and go shopping for new Spring décor if necessary! (Decor is always on sale here!)
- Clean out closets; bring Spring/Summer clothes in and purge all old unworn Winter clothes
- Empty fridge and freezer and throw away any old food, sauces, drinks, or any freezer-burned items
It may seem like a lot of work, but in the long run, it will save you time and money just by making sure everything is in working order after the Winter season! Although home renters and homeowners have different responsibilities owed to the home, it is still crucial to help each other out by doing routine checkups and Spring maintenance to maximize the life of your home!
If you are looking to purchase a rental property in the Gwinnett area and need some professional management assistance, contact us today and we will be glad to guide you through the process!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.