The City of Snellville is one of Gwinnett’s quieter cities, but nonetheless still full of diverse things-to-do that everyone will love. The city has been around for decades and has loads of history behind it. Roughly around 1880, three men from London traveled overseas, looking for farm work, and eventually founded Snellville. This city’s population continues to grow and expand, along with its attractions. From nature parks to salt caves, the City of Snellville has a little something everyone would love! If you live or ever visit the area make sure you make a stop at these top 8 attractions!
- Each city has its own set of beautiful parks and nature trails that you could easily spend all day exploring. Leonora Park in Snellville has 178 acres of fields, playgrounds, and a lake for everyone to enjoy. This park also features a dog park, so feel free to bring along your furry friend!
- Briscoe Park is one of Snellville’s most popular areas. There are many events and activities at this large park. There is a vast lake along with walking trails to really take in the natural air. Along with the trails, this park also holds many sports fields for your children to enjoy their day at! Nestled in the park is also a community garden for residents of Snellville to grow flowers, food, herbs, or whatever else your inner gardener is saying!
Things To Do
Creekwater Alpaca Farm:
- One unique location in Snellville is the Creekwater Alpaca Farm. Located in South Snellville, this farm sits on acres of land and holds many special animals including alpacas, goats, chickens and roosters, and many other surprises. You and your children can walk right up to the animals to feed them or just snap a picture! There is a shop that also offers locally homemade Alpaca fur creations such as socks, sweaters, and other accessories. This place is a must-visit if you are an animal lover!
Shoppes at Web Ginn:
- If you are less of an outdoorsy person and find your happiness through shopping, the Shoppes at Web Ginn are right up your alley! Loaded with designer shops and brand names, this mall also has many tasty restaurants to fill your belly after you fill your shopping bags! From seafood to sushi, to burgers, all of your shopping and dining needs will be met after a visit to this Snellville Shopping Center!
- If you are looking for something exciting and creative, this is the activity for you! Bring out your inner artist with this abstract event! Pair painting and drinks and you have a fun-filled evening! The shop supplies all your art materials, and it is up to you to supply your beverage of choice. Nothing gets those creative juices flowing like some wine! This would be a perfect girls’ afternoon out or a romantic date to test your creativity skills!
Serenity Salt Cave:
- With the past year we all have had, it is safe to say everyone could use a little relaxing and self-care. Serenity Salt Cave is the perfect escape! These caves are constructed out of Himalayan Pink Salt that creates a soothing environment anyone can unwind and settle in. The caves have several healing elements that should bring you internal peace as well as physical relief for many skin conditions. This is the first Salt Cave of its kind in Georgia, so it definitely is a must-visit! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the serenity.
Snellville Farmers Market:
- Each city in Gwinnett has its own version of a Farmers Market where local vendors bring their freshly grown fruits and veggies and sell them to intrigued locals. The City of Snellville Farmers Market is held every other Saturday at Briscoe Park. You can browse from dozens of stands all offering diverse homemade foods from jellies and honey to pies and cakes. There is no better start to a day than enjoying the outdoors while also shopping for food!
- If farmer’s markets are less your style but you still like to be outdoors, on Saturday, March 20, Briscoe Park is hosting a Car Show! It is held on the first day of Spring so what better way to spend it than viewing exclusive cars and enjoying some festival food! Walk around and take in all the vintage and unique cars that people have brought to show off! There will also be prizes and awards for the best cars! This event also serves as a fundraiser for Planned PEThood that supports animal rescue.
Snellville may not be the liveliest city in Gwinnett, but it is definitely full of fun activities for everyone! If you prefer the outdoors, take a visit to the lovely Lenora Park! On the other hand, if you are more into antiques and automobiles, stop at the Cool Cars Car Show! There are many other attractions and events in Snellville, so make sure to stay updated on their website calendar to not miss any exciting happenings!
If you are interested in moving to the City of Snellville, or any of its neighboring cities, don’t hesitate to contact us today to see if we have any available properties and how we can assist you!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.