This summer, it is important to stay up to date with required home maintenance. By doing just a few things here and there, your home will be ready for the next season. Simple tasks such as cleaning out your fridge, trimming bushes and weeds, and checking alarm batteries, keeps your home rejuvenated and fresh. By staying on top of annual summer maintenance, your home will stay refreshed and free of potential hazards all year long!
- Check and replace your HVAC filters- Doing so keeps the air in your home clean and crisp.
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer- Chances are there are old sauces or snacks in your fridge that need to be cleared out! It is also a good time to defrost your freezer and throw out any old food.
- Make sure your washer and dryer coils are clear of debris and lint- One of the top causes of house fires is clogged washer and dryer ducts that aren’t properly cleaned! Cleaning your dryer ducts is an essential summer maintenance task and it does not take too long!
- Take a walk around your home and clean your appliances and electronics- Things like your oven and television need frequent cleaning to keep them working as well as new.
- Clean your garbage items- This means your garbage disposal, garbage can, and outdoor garbage bin. These items collect debris and rotten food and can cause a stench and potential bugs; the easiest way to get rid of any indoor smell is to send lemons down your disposal to keep it smelling fresh and clean!
- Clean your Gutters- Around now and Fall is the most crucial time to have your gutters cleaned. Doing this regularly prevents any extra weight on your roof that could potentially cause damage.
- Powerwash driveways, sidewalks, and decks- With more and more leaves starting to fall, it is important to keep your property looking clean and spotless!
- Head outside and trim down your bushes and weeds- Curb appeal is crucial in summer maintenance and this is the best way to improve yours! Plant some new flowers or shrubs to have you prepared for the Fall and Winter seasons.
- Switch out your Spring and Summer decor for a more laid-back Fall look. Take those bright-colored pillows on your patio and trade them for some neutral, warmer colors. Take a look at some DIY Summer home decor ideas!
Around The House:
- Check your windows and doors for air leaks- To prevent extra costs on your A/C bill this year, make sure all your doors and windows have an air-tight seal. If not sealed properly, reach out to a professional to have them sealed for you to ensure the problem is permanently fixed.
- Make sure your smoke detectors are working- Check all batteries on your household alarms to keep yourself and your family safe in a life-threatening situation.
- If you own a grill, now is the time to clean it- Prepare your grill for the upcoming months by cleaning the grates and emptying the drip pan.
- Spray around your home for bugs and insects- Although bug season is almost over, it is still important to add bug protection to your summer maintenance checklist to be sure you are protected for the next season!
- Clean all surfaces and wash all windows- Dust quickly collects on tables and surfaces around your home so be sure to keep them dust-free!
This year, make a summer maintenance checklist to keep your home prepared for the next season! By doing just a few things here and there, your home will be safe and refreshed!
If you are looking to move into Gwinnett County, contact us today and we will help you find the perfect rental home! If you own a home and would like to rent it out in Gwinnett County, reach out to us and we will be glad to assist you in the process!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.