Fall is around the corner! Pretty soon the temperatures will be dropping, and the leaves will be changing and falling! To end this hot summer the correct way, it is important to prepare your home for the fall season. By doing just a few things around your home, you can ready your house for the season change! By following this simple checklist, preparing your home for fall will be a breeze. You will be ready to sit on your couch with a warm apple cider while you enjoy Halloween movies in no time!
- Prepare your fireplace (if applicable)- During the colder months, your fireplace can come in handy! Make sure there is no blockage or issues with it before the fall season to ensure its use in the next few months. IF your fireplace burns wood, make sure to stock up for the season!
- Change your HVAC Filters- It is that time again! Prevent harsh allergens and dirt from circulating in the air you breathe. Check out this less than 2-minute video on how to change your filter so it is ready for the upcoming season!
- Replace batteries- Check around your house and replace batteries to protect yourself and your home for the fall season. Replace your carbon monoxide, fire alarm, thermostat batteries, and alarm systems (if applicable).
- Swap out decor and bedding- Time to put your summer bedding away and bring out your cozy fall and winter bedding! Dig up those pumpkin pillows and Fall-ify your home!
- Clean your gutters- Around this time is when your gutters will see the most debris, so it is crucial to clean them beforehand so they do not cause any blockage in the drainage system.
- Check doors and windows for drafts- As the weather gets cooler and the wind starts blowing, make sure all outside entrances are airtight to prevent cold air from coming through! By doing it early, you can save the hassle when the weather is freezing!
- Prepare your plants- Although the weather isn’t freezing yet, it is important to prepare your outdoor plants for the colder air! If you have many outdoor plants, start to make room for them inside so you are not scrambled when the time comes. If you have a yard, it is also beneficial to seed and fertilize it now to prepare it for the winter.
By doing these simple tasks around the house, your home will be ready for the Fall season in no time! Preparing your home is not a lot of work and can be completed in a day, or a weekend! After that, be sure to enjoy your upcoming Fall season!
If you are looking to move into Gwinnett County, contact us today for assistance with property management services and we will help you find the perfect rental home! If you own a home and would like to rent it out in Gwinnett County, reach out to us and we will be glad to assist you in the process!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.